The TurnKey Conference took place May 7-8, 2015 at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina. The TurnKey Conference brings together the industry’s brightest and smartest in Animal Laboratory Facility Design. The conference offers useful information and ideas on how to update or design animal laboratories to be more efficient and economical, and how to avoid the common pitfalls and costly mistakes.
The need for the safe handling of animals and protection in the animal laboratory for end users is ever increasing. With this increase comes an influx of new airflow products stating an offering of product and personnel protection.
“Each manufacturer has taken their own approach to the [Animal Transfer Station] market. No common sizes or configuration… no common performance or testing requirements…”
NuAire’s Vice President of North American Sales Scott Christensen recently brought this issue to light during the TurnKey Conference presenting Performance Test of Class II Biosafety Cabinets and Animal Transfer Stations Used for the Safe Handling of Animals. In this presentation Mr. Christensen discusses the various types of airflow products, safety standards, and what to be aware of when purchasing or using airflow products in the animal laboratory.
If you were unable to attend the animal laboratory conference or presentation please download the presentation slides to learn the following:
- Understanding how Class II Biological Safety Cabinets (BSC) and Animal Transfer Stations (ATS) are used in animal the laboratory.
- Knowledge and principles behind airflows to understand product and personnel protection.
- Certification and Performance Testing of Class II Biological Safety Cabinets and Animal Transfer Stations.
- Placement of materials in the Biological Safety Cabinet and Animal Transfer Station – Impacts of movement on animals and researchers.
- Pulling it all together –how design, performance and testing along with proper technique optimize the safety of researchers and animals in the animal laboratory.