Chapter 5a: Experience Ergonomics
Another important part of a safe work environment is making sure it is ergonomically designed to work with you, not against you. When you work in a NuAire Biological Safety Cabinet, you’ll experience a comfortable, ergonomically designed workspace.
Ability to Sit or Stand at a Range of Heights
NuAire Biological Safety Cabinets provide maximum knee and thigh clearance, which allows the user to assume a proper posture. A wide variety of base stands from fixed, telescoping, to automatically adjustable provides the customization.
Forearm Support for Comfort and Safety
The NuAire armrests provide additional forearm support for procedures performed within the cabinet. Standard arm rests are manufactured out of PVC plastics to minimize cold conduction having less effect on tendon constriction. Optional disposable foam pads are available to provide additional comfort.
Effective Work Zone Area for More "User-Friendly" Space
NuAire Biological Safety Cabinets provide the largest effective work zone area available that helps reduce arm/neck/shoulder strain.
- A shorter reach into the work zone brings the proper work area closer to the user minimizing fatigue
- Ergonomic accessories add to the ergonomic work zone
- Stainless Steel Turntable Extends reach of users up to 12" into the back corners of the work zone.
- Closed cell foam padded elbow rests (10” Elbow Rest and 5” Elbow Rest) provide variety to repetitious activities such as pipetting while keeping the air foil unblocked
- A footrest under the cabinet provides the correct body positions. An ergonomically designed chair corrects improper body positions
Expanded Vision Zone to Reduce Awkward Postures and Proper Lighting for Reduced Glare
The cool white lighting in NuAire cabinets reduces glare, making it easier to focus on your work while reducing eye fatigue.
The frameless polished edge window in NuAire cabinets allows for greater visibility and better sight lines to the effective work area. This reduces awkward posture, resulting in less eye fatigue and/or neck strain. There are a number of accessory options to make your cabinet workspace even more ergonomically-friendly. To learn more, be sure to visit our website.
Copyright © 2012 NuAire, Inc.