The outbreak of the novel Coronavirus and associated severe acute respiratory syndrome has prompted all of us to plan and work in new ways. This is an unprecedented and dynamic situation. NuAire Inc. is defined as a critical supplier during the COVID-19 pandemic has taken decisive action to prioritize and increase our production in order to meet the current and anticipated global demand for our Life Science Medical Products, which are essential for the containment protection of research and clinical professionals.
Working with Our Suppliers to Meet Demand
We are working diligently with our suppliers to ensure we can continue to provide the critical components needed to manufacture Biosafety Cabinets needed to address this global health crisis. We have increased our manufacturing capacity and focusing efforts on our Class II, Type A2 Biosafety Cabinet product line.
Safety and Wellbeing Actions for Our Employees
NuAire treats employees are our family and have taken the following actions to protect our family:
- Freeze on attendance and sick leave policy.
- Actively encourage sick employees to stay home.
- No requirements for healthcare provider’s note for employees who are sick with acute respiratory illness to validate their illness or to return to work.
- Working with our insurance company and state and local health agencies to provide information to workers and customers about medical care in the event of a COVID-19 outbreak.
- Maintain flexible policies that permit employees to stay home to care for a sick family member.
- Investment in IT infrastructure to promote working remotely for employees non-essential to the manufacturing process.
- Eliminate in-person meetings that aren’t deemed critical.
- Eliminate nonessential travel.
- Promote social distancing throughout the workshop.
- Routine cleaning of common areas and access to cleaning supplies to disinfect workstations.